Monday, April 16, 2007

Just Imus???

Well, he's finally gone and done it. Yep, that famous (or at least one of the shock jocks) Imus was fired for racial comments he made over the air. I think this is actually good. I don't like most of the shock jocks anyway and to be honest, I thought Stern would get nailed first. However, it was Imus. But here's what gets me.

Imus ISN'T the only one. What about all the black people that are racial? What about those Rappers like Snoop Dogg, P Diddy and Ice T? Doesn't anyone remember the song Cop Killer? I do and I wouldn't allow it in my home. With all the rappers singing about Hos and screwing around and murder and gangs, it's no wonder the kids of today are desensitized. Why should anything bother them?

And then what about the comedians? Have you heard Chris Rock or early Eddie Murphy? Have you heard any comedian actually? And it's not just the guys, Kathy Giffin is really disguesting and Roseanne can be just as crude. It's everywhere and guess what? So our the kids we're raising.
What really kills me is that we, as parents, allow the music to be brought into our homes. Allow the kids to watch these movies that they're just not ready for.

No, Imus is a start but if we're going to jump down his throat then lets start jumping down the rappers throats as well as the comedians. I also think (and yes, this is my View) that the N word should be banned from anyone being allowed to say it whether it's in a song, a joke or to each other.

Imus? What Imus said over the air he heard from a song. Which rapper would like to take the credit for the lyrics? Lets see them stand up now.

I'm Annie and that's my View. I welcome yours.

3 comments:

Charli said...

Good point. But honestly, Imus shouldn't have been fired if the rest of them weren't. It's just like MSNBC firing JBL for his comments. They wouldn't have fired anyone else, you can bet on that.

Anners said...

JBL was fired???

Anonymous said...

Get your "I Love Imus" shirts, hats, buttons, magnets, stickers, mugs, hoodies and more at:

www.cafepress.com/SaveImus


THE I-MAN RETURNS!!!!