Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Still So Angry

My Aunt and one of her Sons just got back from seeing her oldest boy. He's getting ready to go off to this stupid war that as far as I'm concerned has just become a Giant pain in America's butts. At first, because of 9/11, I was all for the war and, truth be told I probably still would be if the armed services weren't needed so many other places. We finally nailed Saddam, he's dead, now I think it's time for the armed Services to go somewhere else. Somewhere that I feel has been neglected and that, is Louisiana. Katrina struck hard and people are STILL there. We've done pretty much nothing for them. Why? Why are other countries so much more important than our own? Why must we go to Darfur or Africa when people are in critical need of help HERE AND NOW? The movie stars do it all the time. Oprah just built a school in Africa. Now please, don't get me wrong, I agree all of the children all over the world need help. Lead Singer of U2's, Bono is behind the red campaign at the Gap so that aids victims in Africa won't die. I'm so glad someone is looking out for them. But what about the children, Mothers, Fathers, and everyone else that lost people when Katrina happened? What are we going to do for them? The state needs to be re-built. Shouldn't we be there? I guess this just stems from the fact that my cousin is leaving to go over there and of course, I'm worried. Worried for his health and safety. Worried for my Aunt and of course, the rest of my family. Mostly, I'm worried for Keith and all the other men and women serving over there. I just wish they were here.

No comments: